Adapted from Cooks Illustrated.
- 1/6 cup maple syrup
- zest of 1 orange
- 1.25 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/6 ounces brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2.5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cups chopped untoasted pecans
- 1.25 cups dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 325*F. Line a 8×8 baking vessel with parchment paper. Whisk the first six ingredients in a large, non-reactive bowl. Add pecans and oats, mix well and pack into the baking vessel. Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool for 1 hour. Measure cranberries and mix into broken up granola. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks — not that it will last that long. Enjoy on greek yogurt or on its own.