60 grams walnuts, roughly broken up
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 sage leaves
grated zest of 1 medium lemon
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 lb fettucine
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped (optional)
salt and black pepper
- Spread out the walnuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place a sauté pan over high heat and add the butter.
- Cook for 1 minute, add the sage and fry for about 2 minutes, until the butter starts to brown.
- Add the lemon zest, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and plenty of black pepper and stir and cook for just a few seconds to thicken the sauce a little.
- Remove from the heat at once so the cream doesn’t separate. Set aside until ready to use.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil and add the pasta.
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions, until al dente. While pasta cooks, rewarm the sauce.
- Drain, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid, and add it to the sauce.
- Cook the pasta in the sauce for a minute or two and the walnuts, parmesan, if using, and parsley. Enjoy!